Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Where did the Summer go?

Well - my sweet Captain has inspired me to post on our blog once again.  I've been back at the Warwick location of RLC Events since mid-April and have been pretty much sprinting ever since.  This past summer is the busiest in RLC Events history and I feel so grateful to be busy on such cool events with so many amazing clients.  I added two more clients to my roster this summer and along with my existing ones, I was hopping.  I traveled a tremendous amount - Tacoma, WA; Dallas, TX; Tucson, AZ; Los Angeles, CA; White Plains, NY; Orlando, FL; New Orleans, LA; Asheville, NC; Dulles, VA; and quite a few local programs as well.  I worked on some really cool projects and continue to meet some great people along the way.  I am really blessed.  Paul has also helped me so much this summer, which has been awesome - I am truly grateful to have his unwavering support.

Between it all, we did have some great fun with wonderful friends and managed to get out on Master Plan quite a bit.  Here are some photos of the highlights:
June 4, 2011 - one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to!  Our dear friends Nicole and Mark were married at the Fairmont in Washington DC.  In addition to being our dear friend, Nicole is also my client with the National Association of Free Clinics - she and I have been working together for almost 4 years!  It was an absolutely beautiful wedding - and a blast as well!  All of our friends from all of the one-day clinics were there - a treat to work with but even more fun to play with!  Really an amazing and wonderful group of people!!  So much joy that day!!  Sigh.

Me and the beautiful bride!  What a glorious event!

Then on Father's Day - our dear friend Amy treated us to a day at Fenway from the Hill Holliday luxury Suite - and the Bruins paraded around Fenway before the game with the Stanley Cup - What a THRILL! 

World Champion Boston Bruins throw out the first pitch to the entire Red Sox team - you can see the Cup on the pitchers' mound - what a moment to be a part of!

Amy and me - dear friends!  Lucky me!

Well - I am once again challenged as to how to turn this photo so - lean to the right please!  This is Paul on the swim platform of Edgartown Harbor on 4th of July weekend - we spent the entire week there.  It was AMAZING.

We hosted the entire Squeglia clan - including Aunt Sheila! - on Master Plan on July 2nd.  Left to right - Peter III, Peter Jr., Mae, Brynnie, and Erin

Silliness on the cockpit!  Where's Peter III?  L to R - Rose, Brynnie, Will, Mae, Patricia, Peter, and Aunt Sheila!

We also celebrated Patricia's big 7-5 - festive hat and all!

July 3rd - we welcomed John and Nancy with their niece and boyfriend - a great day!!

Welcome dear friends Catharine and Kevin - they stayed with us one night - very very fun!

4th of July Fireworks in Edgartown Harbor - here is our friend Jiva grabbing a few photos of the breathtaking sunset!

Sigh . . .  Last year, the 4th of July sunset was amazing too.

Sweet Amy and Paul on the front steps of Edgartown's newest and most fabulous hot spot - Black Sheep and Trio!  Our dear friend Mark opened his business in May - a gourmet cheese and "pantry luxuries" shop during the day which turns into a wonderful wine and cheese and dessert restaurant in the evenings.  FABULOUS!

Amy and Bob joined us on a trek to Point Judith in July - remind us not to have them take charge of the captain duties - clearly they're very silly!  :-)

I love this shot bu once again can't figure out how to turn it (arg) - Amy, Bob, Steph and Ben on board - a spectacular summer day!  Lean to the right please!

My dear friend Barb Brabec - from my summers in the Grand Tetons (Wyoming) - we were roommates in 1986 (we were in kindergarten - ha!) - Barb, her husband Geoff, daughter Hayley (16) and son James (13) joined us for a great day on Narragansett Bay!  They're based in Los Angeles, but spent the summer in Boston - Geoff is an Assistant Director for movies and is in Boston until January filming!  Barb and the kids are now back in California.
Well, you survived all the photos!  It was a crazy, fun-filled summer and it's hard to believe that we'll be heading south within the next two months.  I have 5 more programs before early November, so I'll be plugging away.  Paul will probably try to bring the boat as far as Norfolk in early October - then the first weekend of November, we'll head south via car - reconnect with the boat - and then continue our journey south.  Our goal is to be in Stuart on December 1st.  Once we start getting closer, I promise to start blogging more frequently with updates!

Until the next time - thanks so much for following along and thanks for being cherished friends!

Today's Quote:
It is essential to our well-being, and to our lives, that we play and enjoy life. Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing.                   -Marcia Wieder

No comments:

Post a Comment